Although it is true that adult height is dependent upon the genetic composition, proper nourishment is also responsible for giving a boost to your height. This is because external factors also affect your growth, which determines how tall you can grow. It is quite common to hear that how lack of nutrition during the developmental years can hinder growth. Therefore, taking grow taller supplements can definitely play a positive role in increasing your height.
How Grow Taller Supplements Work?
To be tall via growth spurts, it is essential for the bones to be strong as well as healthy. For this purpose, you will need to consume nutrients in sufficient amount, which is ensured through proper balanced diet having all kind of nutrients, including minerals and essential vitamins. Well, it is not just a single vitamin that helps in increasing the height but it is a set of different vitamins apart from minerals, which assists in proper development.
Which Vitamins and Minerals Are Essential for Growing Taller?
While buying height supplements, do check out for the following minerals and vitamins for being assured of the desired outcome.
• Calcium: Is a vital mineral essential for accelerating the growth of bones. Its regular intake certainly aid in increasing the bones’ permanence as well as strength. Milk and dairy items are perhaps the primary sources of calcium. Other sources include fortified soy eatables, kale, broccoli, collards, kidney beans, almonds, and spinach.
• Phosphorus: Works with calcium for promoting bone growth and strength. This mineral is present in milk and dairy items, green peas, broccoli, whole-wheat breads, and almonds.
• Magnesium: Is essential for maintaining proper bone structure, retaining bone strength, safeguarding bone density, and relaxing muscles. It also prevents the blood to be highly acidic due to which calcium remains intact in the bones. Top sources of magnesium are leafy green vegetables, nuts, whole-wheat items, legumes, kiwi, avocado, and oatmeal.
• Zinc: Keeps hindered growth at bay as well as stimulates growth. Zinc is present in soybeans, asparagus, chickpeas, nuts, tofu, grains, fortified cereals, wheat germ, chocolate, almonds, peanuts, and Cheddar cheese.
• Boron: Keeps bones strong, facilitates calcium absorption, and protects level of Vitamin D. It is present in almonds, broccoli, walnuts, pears, beans, chickpeas, dates, nuts, lentils, celery, olives, raisins, and red apples.
• Iodine: Stimulates height growth. Its major source is sea kelp, while it is also found in items such as green peas, cereals, and tomatoes.
• Manganese: Helps in bone formation and in metabolism of proteins for height growth. It is present in nuts, legumes, pineapple juice, black tea, green tea, and whole grains.
• Vitamin A: Helps in building strong bones, producing new cells for growth, and preserving calcium. It is present in milk and cheese. Your body can even convert beta-carotene into Vitamin A, which is present in red, yellow, green, and orange fruits.
• Vitamin D: Helps in lengthening and strengthening the bones as well as absorbing calcium and phosphorus. Sunlight is its major source but you can acquire this vitamin even from milk, cauliflower, citrus fruits, and tomatoes.
• Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin: Aids in increasing height by promoting bone growth. It is present in green leafy vegetables and milk
These are some of the height increasing supplements, if you'd like to know more about these height growth supplements then read more on livestrong.